Thursday, January 29, 2009

Morally policed...


Very coincidentally, this post is related to elevators as well. I just got morally policed in one.

Have you ever walked into an elevator wanting to go to the fifth floor and found every one of the buttons pressed? And surprisingly, there is nobody else in the elevator except you, your friend and a huge ugly spectacled lady. My frustration was obvious. It was clearly a cruel time-killer the guy who just brushed past me had indulged in while on his journey down.

“He did it. Fuck,” I swore. My friend nodded. The blob of a woman looked at me, as if in acknowledgement. Not really as I was to realize. As I continued my tirade by branding him a pervert, Madam Teresa spoke. “Mind your language (It could as well have been “mind your language honey.” Such was the oration). This is a professional environment,” the words flew in a lazy stream. As polite as it sounded, I could feel the pain in my bottom. Ignoring the woman, and obviously embarrassed, I started humming a tune and let out a giggle. Offended by the blasphemous gesture, the great one spoke again. “You impudent infidel (just to increase the gravity of the situation). This is not a college,” she uttered in the same tone as the original great one’s ‘let there be light’ thingy. “Then why the bloody hell, I mean blood-smeared purgatory for the Catholics, was she giving me a lecture,” I wondered. Ill-bred female of the canine species!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are just pissed off that someone gave you a lesson in non-agency manners and parliamentary language! Try swearing in an IT co...
At least you are honest about the way you felt...quite commendable.

Ulus said...

As far as any student can see, smart thoughts as mental activity may involve individual skills needed at college. Young people are looking for unique dissertations for free there as we all hope experienced writers of such top quality possess prominent writing style no matter what the topic of the study would be. Academic audience can make it best to make the educational process more or less simple.